In your subsequent journey to Spain, there are many belongings you may wish to do. One thing that you just don’t wish to miss is a go to to Sagrada Familia basilica.
Whether or not you’re spiritual or not, it’s an architectural masterpiece and well-known landmark within the coronary heart of Barcelona that’s visited by round 5 million vacationers yearly.
However don’t let the prospect of huge queues hold you from visiting! In the event you weren’t satisfied earlier than, right here’s how why you must go to Sagrada Familia in your subsequent vacation to Spain.
See additionally: The Greatest Vacationer Points of interest in Barcelona
The Historical past of Sagrada Familia
Whereas Gaudi is probably the most well-known title behind the Sagrada Familia towers, 9 architects have taken on the venture since his demise, and it’s nonetheless incomplete as we speak.
In case you didn’t know, Gaudi was a devoted Catholic, and he was notably obsessive about each nature and faith. His plans for the Sagrada Familia towers concerned representing everything of Catholic historical past. This venture was to grow to be his grandest legacy.
Regardless of altering fingers, each architect concerned has remained true to Gaudi’s authentic plans from 1883. The unique completion date was set for 2026. Nevertheless, this has been delayed as a result of Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 – with no new finish date in sight.
Presently, all ticket gross sales are funding the completion of the venture – church buildings or the federal government don’t again it. So, whenever you go to Sagrada Familia, you’ll be financing the completion of Gaudi’s well-known landmark.
Non-public donations are additionally accepted to construct the Sagrada Familia towers additional. Every time it’s finally accomplished, it would grow to be the tallest church globally.
One other of the improbable Sagrada Familia ideas is that Gaudi was buried there in 1926, situated inside the El Carmen Virgin chapel. Regardless of being incomplete, it’s additionally a UNESCO World Heritage Web site – one other wonderful reality to tick off your bucket listing!
Is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers value it?
In the event you’re asking if visiting the Sagrada Familia towers is value it throughout your subsequent journey, the reply is a convincing sure!
That’s as a result of the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia was in-built 1882. It’s a monumental church with ties to the Holy Household and was consecrated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2010.
What’s much more wonderful concerning the Sagrada Familia is that it options breathtaking structure by Antoni Gaudi, one of many world’s most well-known architects. He pioneered a brand new period of structure known as Catalan modernism, which options free-flowing curves and natural types.
You could find 9 accomplished spires, of 18 within the authentic design, with plans for additional completion within the coming years.
See additionally: Issues to Do in Barcelona: Our Barcelona Exercise Information
Suggestions for visiting the Sagrada Familia
As this monument is likely one of the hottest in Spain, and since it’s in the midst of town of Barcelona, you possibly can anticipate queues to be extraordinarily lengthy. The most effective time to go to Sagrada Familia is as early as attainable within the morning.
The Sagrada Familia opens at 9 am when queues are at their shortest. The interval between 9 to 11 am is usually much less crowded.
Nevertheless, you could wish to get contained in the monument for the most effective photographic alternatives later within the day. For wonderful footage, the most effective time to go to Sagrada Familia is between 5-6 pm, when the solar units.
The daylight shines via the colorful stained glass at this hour, producing dream-like sights and pictures. It’s additionally attainable to attend night Mass at 6 pm, which comes at no cost. Right here, guests should costume and act appropriately.
Another issues to think about embrace:
- Size of go to. Most vacationers wish to understand how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia towers to take advantage of their journey. The advisable time is round 2 hours, however you possibly can keep so long as supposed.
- The value. Sagrada Familia ticket value is between €33 and as much as €99 for an 8-hour guided tour that features Montserrat.
- The most effective time to go to Sagrada Familia. The Sagrada Familia hours of operation are from 9 am until 6 pm every single day. Sagrada Familia’s hours of operation for Mass is 6 pm.
- Completely different sorts of tickets. You’ll need a particular ticket to go to the Sagrada Familia towers that embrace tower entry; this isn’t granted with a primary ticket.
- Ticket availability. Make sure that to get your tickets upfront, as tickets can typically promote out by 5 pm. It’s additionally an choice to purchase on-line tickets to streamline the method. Search for availability and guide your tickets beneath:
- Additional packages. Chances are you’ll discover a greater Sagrada Familia ticket value for inclusive packages, equivalent to a Sagrada Familia and Park Güell mixture tour.
- Guided excursions for overseas guests. There are a number of guided group excursions out there in numerous languages. Once you go to Sagrada Familia, the presently out there choices embrace English, German, Italian, French, and, in fact, Spanish.
- Can I get a Sagrada Familia audio information free? You could find free audio guides on-line, however these can not compete with guided excursions.
- Planning your arrival. You could find public transport hyperlinks that may take you to go to Sagrada Familia – the L2 or L5 by way of the metro or considered one of many devoted buses, together with the 19, 33 and 34.
- What to put on. Keep in mind that whenever you go to Sagrada Familia, it’s a holy place of worship. Guests want to decorate appropriately, which means that tops ought to cowl their shoulders, and shorts/skirts ought to come mid-thigh. Hats aren’t allowed on the Sagrada Familia.
- Navigating the Sagrada Familia. You need to obtain the official app to handle tickets, discover audiobooks and extra. The app prices €26 from the official web site. Nevertheless, it’s attainable to go to with out downloading the app, too.
We hope we’ve answered the query ‘is visiting the Sagrada Familia towers value it?’ The reply is sure – it’s nice to go to year-round!
You need to add Sagrada Familia to your itinerary subsequent time you go to Barcelona.
Don’t miss out in your likelihood to go to Sagrada Familia and its huge cultural and historic significance. Whether or not planning how lengthy to go to Sagrada Familia or discovering the Sagrada Familia ticket value worth, we hope our Sagrada Familia ideas have made planning a lot simpler for you!
In search of extra issues to do in Barcelona? Take a look at the beneath posts: