Sharing a few of my prime suggestions for what to do and the place to go in Tucson, AZ!
Hello buddies! Blissful Monday! How’s the week beginning off for you? I’m instructing my weekly aerobics class (such a blast!) and the Pilot is off work as we speak. I’m excited to have a correct daytime father or mother date with him. We’ll in all probability go wild and head to Lowe’s for vegetation after which chill within the scorching tub? I can’t wait. 🙂
For as we speak’s put up, I’m sharing up to date Tucson recs! I wrote a put up with Tucson suggestions a few years in the past, however sadly, among the issues on the listing are non longer our faves, or have closed down. Additionally, a number of new spots have opened up! I’m sharing some concepts on the place to eat, what to do, and the place to hike, if you end up within the Previous Pueblo in search of some concepts. Tucson is a foodie’s paradise and we’ve SO many wonderful native eating places.
What to do and the place to eat in Tucson
The place to buy?
La Encantada (positively take a look at Artistic Variety for presents, candles, and enjoyable stationary from native artisans)
The enormous outlet mall
4th Avenue for extra classic and thrift finds
St. Phillip’s plaza has some native boutiques
MSA Annex – considered one of my favourite “vacationer” retailers is Why I Love The place I Stay, with AZ-themed shirts, hats, and stickers. It’s the place I acquired my beloved cactus baseball cat that I put on on a regular basis.
Greatest Tucson eating places
– Weekend brunch: DEFINITELY go to the Blues and Brews buffets at Loew’s or the brunch buffet at Hacienda del Sol. They’re each completely beautiful with beautiful views and tons of choices — simply be certain that to get reservations.
– In the event you’re in search of one thing low-key, go all the way down to the Mercado San Augustin and seize the perfect Mexican donut of your life from La Estrella bakery. Sit on the courtyard and revel in it with a espresso from Presta subsequent door.
– Prep and Pastry has a tremendous brunch and so they have two areas
– Cup Cafe downtown
– Snooze (I’m so pumped we lastly acquired one!)
Lunch and dinner:
– Past Bread. This can be a Tucson treasure and I extremely suggest it for sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and pastries. My go-to is the Kalid’s Curry (rooster curry salad) on the gluten-free wrap with vinegar slaw.
– Culinary Dropout. Assume elevated variations of American classics, and many tasty cocktails and appetizers
– Saffron. My fave Indian spot in Tucson!
– Nook- a cute trendy spot downtown
– Zayna’s Mediterranean Meals. All the things is at all times contemporary and scrumptious. The falafel plate is my fave.
– Eclectic Cafe. We’ve been going to Eclectic Cafe perpetually and can get takeout generally as a result of the ladies find it irresistible, too. They really have one thing for everybody and the meals is persistently good.
– Cowboy Cookout at Tanque Verde Ranch (Saturday nights!) with dwell nation music, grilled meats, prickly pear margaritas, and a full buffet
– CharroVida – it’s like Mediterranean meets Mexican meals, with a deal with utilizing more healthy oil choices, contemporary, native produce, and sustainable meat and fish
– Goodness – bowls, sandwiches, breakfast, smoothies, kombucha on faucet
– Tumerico – considered one of my prime eating places in all of Tucson. The menu varies relying on the season and what’s contemporary on the market, and so they make every thing in-house, together with the sauces, salsa, and tortillas.
– Nekter (for acai bowls and smoothies)
– Beaut Burger (vegan burgers — so so good)
– Selection Greens – a build-your-own salad bar
– The Little One. They blast Mexican music, the proprietor will cease by and offer you a hug, and the menu varies every day. The frescas additionally change every day – I extremely suggest getting one, or an horchata, to go together with the meal! It’s cash-only, so ensure you have some readily available. (Additionally value mentioning right here that they’re solely open for breakfast and lunch)
Greatest Mexican Meals in Tucson!
– El Charro. We looooove El Charro and it’s in our common rotation. They’ve my favourite chips in all of Tucson – that is essential haha – and whereas I by no means strive something new, I’m very pleased with my staples. I at all times get the 2 rooster tacos with shredded rooster, charro beans, rice, and a large margarita.
– Calle Tepa. Calle Tepa can also be in our common rotation. It’s an informal Mexican spot and the service is at all times FAST, which makes it superior for youths. They’ve an enormous menu and I particularly love their salsa bar.
– Tumerico (vegan) – talked about this one above. DEFINITELY do that one if you end up in Tucson!
– Blanco. Blanco has unimaginable guacamole and drinks, and it’s additionally situated at La Encantada, which makes it splendid to pair with a day of buying, then comply with up with gelato from Frost.
– Seis Kitchen. I like to recommend the Mercado location as a result of you possibly can take pleasure in it on the patio!
– We do love Guadalara Grill, however the previous couple of instances, the service has been very, very sluggish, so I don’t suggest it as usually as I used to. El Charro and Calle Tepa have AMAZING meals and tremendous quick service.
We haven’t tried these however have heard wonderful issues about Rosa’s and Rollie’s, too
Date evening (I like to recommend having reservations for all of those!):
– BATA. We went to BATA when it first opened and might’t rave about it sufficient. The meals is extraordinarily distinctive, the cocktails have been the perfect I’ve had in Tucson, and it’s an ideal date-night spot.
– Terraza Backyard Patio and Lounge at Hacienda del Sol. They usually have dwell music on the patio, twinkly lights, and great meals.
– Tito and Pep
– Augustin Kitchen
– Vivace – an Italian spot with beautiful foothills views
– Postino – a wine bar with customizable toasts and toppings, charcuterie, big salads, and panini
Tucson climbing spots
We’re lucky to have SO many trailheads right here in Tucson! Try All Trails for one which meets your private ranges and distance desire, however listed below are a few of my prime hikes:
Greatest ice cream, dessert, and chilly treats:
We love the Hub ice cream downtown (they at all times have a vegan taste that’s to die for!), Frost for gelato, and Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. In the event you’re in Tucson, you additionally HAVE to strive an eegee! There are areas with drive-thrus all over the place. The July taste of the month is my fave (watermelon) and I additionally love the iced Teegee, which is lemon eegee with iced tea. Positively get some fries and ranch to dip them; you received’t remorse it.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls has my FAVORITE desserts in City — they’re all vegan, too!
Additionally Cafe a la Cart has insanely wonderful desserts and pastries
Monsoon Chocolate for native, handcrafted chocolate bars
Tucson native spots to discover with youngsters:
Defy trampoline park
Splash pad (we’ve nice ones at Brandi Fenton and Udall park)
Take a horse lesson at Tanque Verde Ranch or TRAK
Sabino Canyon (you possibly can take the tram if it’s too scorching to hike)
Pima Air and House Museum
Path Mud City
Flandrau Science Middle and Planetarium
Rocks and Ropes
Mini Time Machine Museum
Have you ever been to Tucson? What are a few of your native favourite suggestions? We are able to share the love and assist one another out within the feedback!